- Permissible Use.Unless you are a real estate or lending professional acting in your professional capacity, you agree to use the Services for your personal use, and your commercial use is limited to transactions done on your own behalf. The commercial use of real estate and lending professionals is limited to providing information to consumers via the Services or, where authorized, taking actions on behalf of a consumer client (e.g., post a home for sale). Without limitation, lending professionals and institutions are prohibited from using information provided by Zillow Group through the Services in making any loan-related decisions. The Services may be used only for transactions in residential real estate and may not be used for transactions in commercial real estate, which includes, without limitation, commercially zoned properties, timeshares, and vacation rentals. Subject to the restrictions set forth in the following paragraphs, you may copy information from the Services only as necessary for your personal use to view, save, print, fax and/or e-mail such information. You agree otherwise not to reproduce, modify, distribute, display or otherwise provide access to, create derivative works from, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any portion of the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the aggregate level data provided on the Zillow Local-Info Pages, and available at http://www.zillowblog.com/research/, (the “Aggregate Data”) may be used for non-personal uses, e.g., real estate market analysis. You may display and distribute derivative works of the Aggregate Data (e.g., within a graph), so long as Zillow Group is cited as a source.
- Restrictions and Additional Terms.You agree not to remove or modify any copyright or other intellectual property notices that appear in the Services. You will not use the Services for resale, service bureau, time-sharing or other similar purposes. Further:
- Automated Queries. Automated queries (including screen and database scraping, spiders, robots, crawlers and any other automated activity with the purpose of obtaining information from the Services) are strictly prohibited on the Services, unless you have received express written permission from Zillow Group. As a limited exception, publicly available search engines and similar Internet navigation tools (“Search Engines”) may query the Services and provide an index with links to the Services’ Web pages, only to the extent such unlicensed “fair use” is allowed by applicable copyright law. Search Engines are not permitted to query or search information protected by a security verification system (“captcha”) which limits access to human users.
Notice of Use
CONTRACTOR (MANUFACTURER/ SUPPLIER)
CONTRACTOR (MANUFACTURER/SUPPLIER) ADDRESS:
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 900
Chicago, Illinois 60654
- Materials You Provide; Account Use; Privacy; Third Party Web Sites.For materials you post or otherwise provide to Zillow Group in connection with the Services (your “Submission”), you grant Zillow Group an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free worldwide license to (a) use, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, modify, prepare derivative works of or incorporate into other works, and translate your Submission, in connection with the Services or in any other media, and (b) sublicense these rights, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Zillow Group will not pay you for your Submission or to exercise any rights related to your Submission set forth in the preceding sentence. Zillow Group may remove or modify your Submission at any time. For each Submission, you agree to provide accurate and complete information and represent that you have all rights necessary to grant Zillow Group the rights in this paragraph, that Zillow Group’s use of the Submission will not infringe any third party rights and that the Submission complies with Section 2(a) above. You are solely responsible for all Submissions made through your user account(s) on the Services or that you otherwise make available through the Services.
Zillow Group will not use client contact information that is uploaded by agents into the Zillow Agent Hub portal for any purpose.
- The Role of Zillow Group. Zillow Group, Inc. is a licensed real estate broker in the state of Texas but does not broker real estate transactions. Zillow Group does not act as a real estate agent for you or any other user. Zillow Group does not sell, buy, or negotiate the purchase, sale, or exchange of real property. Further, Zillow Group does not lease or rent, offer to lease or rent, or negotiate the lease of real property or otherwise aid or assist in the lease of real property.
- Mortgage Information Services. These terms apply specifically to the Services offered by Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc.:
- Mortgages. Zillow Group, specifically, Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc., allows consumers to provide anonymous information to banks, lenders, financial institutions, originators, loan brokers, other mortgage professionals and their employees (collectively, the “Lenders”) to request quotes on terms for home loans. Lenders may elect to respond to consumer requests with non-binding customized quotes of the terms they would offer to a borrower fitting the consumer’s anonymous profile, as well as their contact information. These non-binding quotes are not intended to be official Loan Estimates as defined in the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act. Zillow Group, through Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc., also allows consumers to provide certain information to Lenders and receive Lender contact information or request that Lenders pre-approve them for home loans. Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc. does NOT take mortgage applications. Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc. does NOT make loans or credit decisions in connection with loans. Any loan inquiry you submit is NOT an application for credit. Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc. does not pre-approve borrowers for loans. Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc. lists Lenders who may conduct a preliminary review to determine your loan qualifications based on their guidelines. To receive a pre-approval letter, you must complete a short online questionnaire that asks for personal information including income, credit score, and monthly debt. After completing the questionnaire, you may see an estimated pre-approval amount based on the information you provided. To continue the process of requesting a pre-approval letter, a Lender will require more details, such as pulling your credit report (at your request). If you meet the Lender’s guidelines based on preliminary review of your responses to the questionnaire and your credit report, you may receive an online pre-approval letter. A pre-approval letter is not an offer to lend, a commitment to make a loan, or a guarantee of specific rates or terms. Even if you receive a pre-approval letter, you may not get a loan from a Lender or a loan at a specific rate or subject to particular terms. A Lender may require income and asset verification, as well as satisfaction of other conditions, before they commit to extending a loan. Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc. does not guarantee acceptance into any particular loan program or specific loan terms or conditions with any Lender—loan approval standards are established and maintained solely by individual Lenders. Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc. does not guarantee that the loan terms or rates offered and made available by Lenders are the best terms or lowest rates available in the market.
When consumers submit the required information for a Lender to contact them or when consumers request pre-approval from a participating Lender, Lenders may elect to respond based on parameters established by the Lender and Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc. will create a contact for the selected Lender based on parameters established by the Lender. If you, as a consumer, choose to contact a Lender through the Services offered by Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc. by filling out a contact request or other request form or by completing a questionnaire on websites associated with these Services, you authorize Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc.to provide your name, contact information and other information you provide to a Lender, along with your quote or pre-approval request (if any). You acknowledge that, by submitting your contact request, other request form or by completing a questionnaire on the Services, you may receive telemarketing calls from or on behalf of a Lender at the telephone number(s) you provide. By submitting your name, contact information and other information, your identity will no longer be anonymous. Any loan or other business conducted is between you and the Lender.
By submitting personal information through Services offered through Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc., you authorize, Lenders (or a third party designated by a Lender) to request from one or multiple credit bureaus / reporting agencies, your credit bureau report including any ancillary credit scores or ratings.
- The Role of Zillow Group. Disclaimer. Zillow Group is not a Lender, loan originator, loan processor, or underwriter. Zillow Group does not aid or assist borrowers in obtaining loans, solicit borrowers or Lenders for loans, offer or negotiate terms of loans, or make loans or credit decisions in connection with loans. Zillow Group does not take applications for credit or issue pre-approval letters. Your submission of information and any request for quotes or pre-approval is not an application for credit. Zillow Group does not endorse, refer or recommend any Lender or the products of any Lender. Consumers should rely on their own judgment in deciding which available loan product, terms and Lender best suit their needs and financial means. Nothing contained in the Services is an offer to lend or a commitment for a loan, and Zillow Group does not guarantee any specific loan terms and conditions offered to consumers by a Lender will be granted, or that consumers will be offered any type of loan by any Lender. Zillow Group is not an agent of either any consumer or any Lender. Zillow Group is only providing an administrative service to consumers and participating Lenders. Decisions regarding Lenders contacting consumers or pre-approval requests are made by participating Lenders and not Zillow Group. Zillow Group assumes no responsibility for any result or consequence related directly or indirectly to any action or inaction that consumers take based on the Services, including Zillow Mortgages, and any other information available there. Interest rates provided through the Services are for information purposes only, and actual interest rates may vary. Lenders may keep consumer loan request information and any other information provided by Zillow Group (specifically, Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc.) or received by Lenders in processing a contact or pre-approval request, whether or not a consumer is qualified for a loan with a Lender.
- Fees. The Services offered by Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc. are free to consumers. Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Zillow, Inc. is paid an advertising fee by Lenders for the goods, facilities and services provided through the Services offered by Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc.
- Participating Lenders. The Lenders participating on the Services are solely responsible for their services to consumers. Zillow Group shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with any consumers’ use of the Services or the services offered by Lenders. Zillow Group is not responsible for any errors or delays caused by consumers or any Lenders in the loan process. Zillow Group reserves the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to discontinue, suspend, or terminate the participation of any Lender or other user from using or participating in any of the Services offered by Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc.
- Licenses. Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Zillow, Inc. and has its headquarters at 1301 Second Ave., Fl. 31, Seattle, Washington 98101. Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc.’s Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) Identification Number is 1303160. To see a complete list of Zillow Group Mortgages, Inc.’s licenses, see Licensing and Disclosures.
- Disclosures and Consent. By using this website and Services, the disclosures and consent required under certain state laws are deemed to be provided, received, and agreed to. For specific information regarding applicable disclosures and consent, please see Licensing and Disclosures.
- 7. Additional Terms for Use of Certain Services.
- Linked Materials and Third-Party Materials. The Services include links to third-party products, services and Web sites, as well as materials provided by third parties. Zillow Group does not endorse, and takes no responsibility for such products, services, Web sites, and materials. You understand that Zillow Group has no obligation to, and generally does not, approve or monitor materials provided by third parties through the Services. Your dealings with any third party arising in connection with the Services are solely between you and such third party, and Zillow Group takes no responsibility for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your dealings with these third parties.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement.Zillow Group respects the intellectual property rights of others, and asks that everyone using the Services do the same. Anyone who believes that their work has been reproduced on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement may notify Zillow Group’s copyright agent in accordance with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), by providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that you claim is infringing and needs to be removed, including a description of where it is located on the Services so that the copyright agent can locate it;
- Your address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address, so that the copyright agent may contact you about your complaint; and
- A signed statement that the above information is accurate; that you have a good faith belief that the identified use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf in this situation.
Notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent as follows:
If relating to content on Zillow, Inc. websites
1301 Second Avenue, Floor 31
Seattle, WA 98101
Attention: Copyright Agent
By e-mail: DMCA_notice_email@zillow.com
If you give notice of copyright infringement by text e-mail, we may begin investigating the alleged copyright infringement; however, we must receive your signed statement by mail or as an attachment to your e-mail before we are required to take any action.
If relating to content on Trulia, Inc. websites
Trulia Legal Department
535 Mission Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94105
By e-mail: DMCA_notice_email@trulia.com
By facsimile: (415) 462-5178
If you give notice of copyright infringement by text e-mail, we may begin investigating the alleged copyright infringement; however, we must receive your signed statement by mail or as an attachment to your e-mail before we are required to take any action.
- Intellectual Property.The Services are the property of Zillow Group, and subject to the intellectual property rights of Zillow Group and its licensors. ©2006-2015 Zillow, Inc. or © 2005-2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved. Map data ©2006-2015 NAVTEQ. All rights reserved. ZIP+4 data ©2006-2015 United States Postal Service. Yahoo! User Interface Library ©2006-2013, Yahoo! Inc. and provided pursuant to the BSD license as set forth at http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/license.txt. Patents pending. Zillow, Zillow.com, the Z in a House logo, Trulia, the Pinpoint Design logo, Zestimate, Make Me Move, Dueling Digs, Digs, Premier Agent, Find Your Way Home, StreetEasy, Hotpads, Hotpads.com, the Hotpads logo, Agentfolio, Buyfolio, Mortech, the Mortech logo, RentJuice, Postlets, Diverse Solutions, the Diverse Solutions logo, dsSearchAgent, dsAgentChat, dsIDXpress, AgentCast, dsAgentReach, New York City’s Homepage, Retsly, Zestimator, Zindex, Vyoo.it, RealEstate.com, JustListed and Smart Touch Filtering are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Zillow Group in the United States and/or other countries. You may not use any of Zillow Group’s trademarks as part of your screen name or email address on the Services. The names of actual companies, products, and services mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Zillow Group does not assert copyright or grant any rights to the underlying images or descriptions of real estate listings provided through the Services. Any use of these images and descriptions is subject to the copyright owner’s permission and/or the requirements of applicable law.
One or more patents apply to this site and to the features and services accessible via the site, including without limitation: US Patent Nos. 8,676,680; 7,970,674; 7,415,356, 8,515,839; 8,510,349; 8,095,434; 8,140,421; 7,584,167; 7,945,530; 8,630,974; 5,758,328; 6,578,011; 6,970,835; 7,392,205; 8,204,782; 8,626,583 and all corresponding foreign counterparts.
- NO WARRANTY. ZILLOW GROUP PROVIDES THE SERVICES “AS IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ZILLOW GROUP AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ZILLOW GROUP AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (A) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE.
- Release.You release Zillow Group, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from all liability related to any and all claims and demands you may assert against any third party arising out of the Services. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
— Updated October 2015
At Zillow Group (“Zillow” or “we” or “us” or “our”), we appreciate your use of and contributions to our websites, our mobile and desktop applications, our other properties and/or our related services (collectively known as the “Services,” or, each individually, a “Service”). Zillow Group respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Advertising-Supported Business Model
The Services and our extensive set of features are generally funded through advertising dollars. This advertising revenue helps keep Zillow Group free of charge for our personal user community. It also allows us to explore and build new features. We strive to make advertisements relevant and useful to you. Therefore, we may serve advertisements to you based on the information we collect from you or in relation to your interaction with the Services. We pledge to be transparent about the information we monitor and collect from you. We keep information private between you and Zillow Group, except as explained below.
Collection of Information
When you use the Services, we collect a variety of information.
- Information you provide. When using the Services, you may provide information about yourself, such as name, address, phone number, email and details around a potential transaction. This may occur, for example, when you register on the Services, claim a home, correspond with a real estate agent via the Services, or complete other forms, such as a loan request. You may also provide information about a third party through the Services, for example, if you share a real estate listing with a recipient via email. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your interaction with the Services or from other companies.
- In addition, when you order products or services through the Services, Zillow Group may collect your credit/debit card information. This information is secured using industry-standard encryption technology. Zillow Group will use this information solely to complete your order and will not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to complete the order or comply with applicable law.
- In the event that a credit report is required to use a Service, Zillow Group may collect your Social Security number (“SSN”). This information is secured using industry-standard encryption technology. Zillow Group restricts access to SSNs to employees, vendors and subcontractors who require SSNs to support certain products and services. Zillow Group strives to protect SSNs from unlawful disclosure and to keep them confidential by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Some pages of the Services may use third-party Web beacons from Yahoo! In addition to our use of the data to analyze visitor activity on the Services, Yahoo! may use anonymous information about your visit in order to improve its products and services and to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- We have implemented Google Analytics remarketing, which tracks and manages cookie information so that we and third-party service providers can better deliver advertisements that are relevant and useful to you on the Services and various websites across the Internet. We have also implemented Google Analytics display network impression reporting to better understand how ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our sites. You can customize ads or opt out of these services using the Google Ads Settings.
- Mobile Device and Mobile Browser. You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
- Usage logs. When you use the Services, your computer or other electronic device communicates a variety of information to computer servers, including the existence of cookies, your Internet Protocol address, and information about your browser program. We also create a record of what information you are requesting, such as the page or subject areas you’re visiting.
- Calls. Calls to Zillow Group or to third parties through Zillow Group may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes. If a call is recorded between you and a third party, it will be deemed private information of both you and the third party, and may be released to either of you.
Usage and Disclosure
In general, Zillow Group uses the information collected from you to communicate with you and operate our Services. Zillow Group also uses this information to respond to your requests and present you with advertising that we believe will be of interest or useful to you.
Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting information that identifies you personally, where you have chosen to keep it private (“Personal Information”). We will only share Personal Information that you provide outside the public areas of the Services in the following circumstances:
- Consent. When you consent or direct Zillow Group to share the Personal Information. For example, if you choose to contact a real estate agent or lender through the Services, your name and email address will appear to the recipient of the message.
- Merger or sale. If and when Zillow Group is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Personal Information may be transferred along with the business.
Real Estate Information
Zillow Group strives to provide open and transparent information about real estate markets. For example, we make available past sales prices for homes, and allow any user to post a question or answer about a given home. Many times, this information is already publicly available. As long as discussion surrounds real estate and not individuals, we intend to keep this information freely available through the Services. Where a professional participates in the Zillow Group communities, we may also allow users to comment on the professional, such as the lender ratings in Zillow Mortgages.
You may receive email from Zillow Group for a variety of reasons – for example, if you took an action through the Services, you signed up for a regular report, or you posted your home for sale and a buyer sent you a message. We respect your desire to manage email correspondence. If you have an account with Zillow Group, you can select your preferences through your account settings. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
In addition, if you have provided your email address to us, we may use a scrambled, unreadable form (a hash) of your email address to deliver tailored advertisements to you on the Services or on other websites, including via Facebook’s Custom Audience Feature or other similar Facebook tools. We will not share your email address with Facebook. Click here to learn about how you can control the ads you see on Facebook.
You may opt-out of cookie tracking and analysis as described in the section below entitled ‘Opting Out of Collection of Information’. The Services do not otherwise respond to ‘do not track’ signals.
Opting Out of Collection of Information by Third Parties
Zillow Group Marketing Service Providers. If you do not want Zillow Group and its marketing services providers to follow your usage of our Services via cookies and Web beacons, you can opt out of Cookies/Web beacons from: comScore, Google Analytics, Omniture and Yahoo! Opting out of these services does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the service from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your Web preferences and usage patterns. Please note that, if you opt out and later delete your cookies, use a different browser, or use a different computer or other electronic device, you will need to renew your opt-out choices.
Zillow Group can provide you with helpful information based on where you are. If you tell Zillow Group where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send Zillow Group your location), Zillow Group may use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
Windows Live® Virtual Earth®
Windows Live Virtual Earth imagery is supplied by Microsoft Corporation, and use is subject to the Microsoft MapPoint Privacy Statement.
You may access all of your personally identifiable information collected through the Diverse Solutions website by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending a request to email@example.com, demonstrating the error. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to granting access or making corrections.
You understand that when you join Zillow Rentals, you will be added to the Zillow Rentals Directory, which is available to all Zillow Rentals users and which may be made publicly available. The directory information may include certain Personal Information you provide to us, such as your name, email and other contact information, unless you opt out of including such information in your directory listing by editing the settings in your Zillow Rentals account.
Children Under the Age of 13
Zillow Group will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13. The Services are not designed to attract the attention of persons under the age of 13.
Storage, Security and Retention of Information
You acknowledge that Personal Information will be processed and stored by Zillow Group in databases hosted in the United States. Zillow Group has taken reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us, including, but not limited to, setup of processes, equipment and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information. No transmission of information via the Internet can be entirely secure, however, so please always use caution when submitting Personal Information.
Contacting Zillow Group
You can access, update, and delete Personal Information you provide to Zillow Group in your account profile by logging into your account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org for accounts on Zillow, Inc. or at email@example.com for accounts on Trulia, Inc. While we are ready to assist you in managing the Personal Information you provide to us, we cannot always delete records due to financial reporting, compliance, or other reasons.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or the privacy practices of Zillow Group, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Updated February 2015