Today, we’re excited to announce that Zillow Group has been named #6 on Fortune Magazine’s Best Workplaces in Technology. We’re honored to receive this recognition because it’s based on employee feedback — and our employees are the foundation of our success, building the great products that help people make smarter decisions and transform industries, while also building fulfilling careers.
As we continue to focus on our second decade as a company, we’re finding new and better ways to tackle our mission to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world. Here’s how we empower employees to fuel our efforts:
Small Teams, Big Impact
We deliberately structure our company to encourage innovation. We keep our teams small which allows us to move quickly while tackling huge projects – in fact, 96% of employees say they work on great challenges in their day-to-day work. As one employee put it, “there is a strong team vibe on a daily basis across all departments and at a company level, which is not an easy task being as large as we have grown.”
At Zillow Group, we are especially proud of the culture we have created – and 98% of our employees agree. In addition to the innovative and inclusive atmosphere, our employees receive competitive and comprehensive benefits that reflect what’s more important to them and their families. And 95% of employees feel that we have special and unique benefits here, which include:
- Paid parental leave (16 weeks fully paid maternity and eight weeks parental)
- Free breast milk shipping for nursing mothers traveling for work
- ZG R&R Sabbatical Program after seven years of service
- 401 (k) matching
- Generous paid time off
- 100% company-paid premium health coverage, and 80% of dependent premiums
- Pet insurance
- Stand-up and treadmill desks
- Gym reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
At Zillow Group, we have created a culture of innovation that has allowed us to create great products that help real estate agents, renters, home buyers, and sellers. Led by their great bosses (96% of employees say they work from one!), our employees continue to innovate our products every day. Some highlights include:
- Launching RealEstate.com: In May, we launched our newest brand, RealEstate.com, aimed at first-time home buyers by allowing them to search for homes by the monthly payment and down payment they can afford.
- Zillow 3D Home: After two years of development, we are launching the first-ever, mobile-based 3D capture app for real estate, Zillow 3D Home. For the first time ever, real estate professionals can capture immersive, high quality 3D tours of their listings without needing to buy expensive equipment or pay any additional fee. Zillow 3D Home can capture a home in around 30 minutes from an iPhone.
- Updated Capabilities for My Agent App: We announced new capabilities in our Premier Agent App. Updates include adding in functionality for text messaging, email, tasks and reminders, and client satisfaction measurements.
And we aren’t just focused on new capabilities and products – we continue to finetune on decade-old features, including Zillow’s flagship Zestimate algorithm. This past year we launched the Zillow Prize, a contest for data scientists from around the world where they will work alongside us to improve and beat our Zestimate accuracy (which currently has the smallest margin of error we’ve ever achieved at 4.3%). It was one of the most popular data science competitions around, with more than 4,350 participants from 78 countries submitting over 76,000 contest entries. In a few weeks, we will announce which teams are advancing on to the final round for a chance to win $1 million, which we will award in 2019.
We are proud of what we have accomplished as a real estate company in the tech space, and know there is still so much left to do. Want to be part of the 96% of employees who say they are proud to tell others they work at Zillow Group? Check out current job openings here.