Hey real estate shoppers: Shopping for homes on Zillow is now quicker and easier. From larger maps and photos, to learning more details about a home you like and its location, we made it easy for you to do your research and home shopping all in one place.
1. Map appeal is the new curb appeal
Just as you would drive up to a home and fall in love from the curb, you can do the same thing while shopping for homes from Zillow’s maps:
- Bigger maps — See more homes in a neighborhood and city all at once.
- Quick view of homes — Preview homes right from the map (screenshot below – click to see larger). Click on a home to see basic details and photos. If you like what you see, click the address to see the entire home details page. If not, move on to the next home on the map.
2. One page, one place: Home is where the details are
Own a home? Interested in one? Go to that home’s details page to see the changes:
- Home facts and photos — Everything you need is now easily accessible on one page. Want to see bigger photos? Click the “larger” link. Want more home facts? Click “more facts.”
- Price history — Get a snapshot on the history of the home by viewing the home’s list price(s), sold price(s) and price reduction(s) in chronological order through the years (screenshot below).
- Interactive charts and data — Data including Zestimate® home values, list price(s), tax assessment, taxes paid, and page views are available in increments of 1 month, 1 year, 5 years or 10 years (screenshot below – click to see larger).
- Maps and driving directions — View a home on a map three different ways: street map, bird’s eye view or street view. Also, get directions and drive time from any home to your work, school, or local point of interest.
- What’s nearby — Discover the “walkability” of a neighborhood and see what’s nearby including schools, grocery stores, parks, restaurants and gas stations.
- Property Alerts — This mail will be sent to you if there are changes to the list price or if any other status changes are made for a home (e.g., newly listed, sale price changes, taken off market, sold, pending, or no longer for sale).
- Home Value Report — Get updates on the home’s Zestimate value, trends and the Zillow Home Value Index.
- Saved Search — If you like a home, you can get new listings similar to a home through this e-mail alert.
That’s it! We think you’ll find these updates helpful during your home shopping experience, but if you have any feedback, please let us know.
Watch this quick video (1:03) that explains the updates: