It’s every agent’s nightmare scenario.
Your listings are on Zillow, but when you go to an individual property page there’s a stranger under ‘For Sale By Agent.’ A different name. A different contact number. Or your name, but a weird picture and incorrect contact details. And to make matters worse, the listing doesn’t show up under [My Zillow > Listings]. Is someone stealing your listings? Is Zillow broken? Do you have a doppelganger?!
… probably not. Most of the time the problem is a data mismatch in a listings feed. But getting the right agent/Zillow account on the right property is easy to do, manually. Rachel Rosen has mentioned this several times in Zillow Advice, but here’s another quick primer.
1. Log in to Zillow.
2. Go to the Home Details Page of the listing you want to claim. Either enter the address or find it in your My Zillow section.
2b. Make sure you are looking at the property’s actual page on Zillow — not the search-map popup balloon. If you see the home in the popup balloon, click on that link to get to the actual property page. Are you looking at the Home Details Page now? It’s the one with a For-Sale Price, photos, maybe some owner’s facts. Excellent.
3. Look at the left-hand side of the screen, in the “Tools” area that has icons with text (screenshot). The third or fourth option should be FLAG THIS LISTING. It’ll have a white surrender flag next to it.
4. In the popup box, click the drop-down menu and select Incorrect Listing Agent.
5. You should be automatically redirected to a followup page that has several options. Select the one that best fits your scenario.
6. If you click Take over this listing, you’ll be redirected again to a page that looks a lot like the screen you see when you’re posting a new listing. Double check that all the info is correct, then post!
If you follow these instructions, your listings should appear under your account as normal. Enjoy!
> See Zillow FAQs for more popular Q&As.