We are honored that TIME Magazine included Zillow on its 2006 list of the 50 Coolest Websites, which was announced yesterday. In addition to the Travel & Real Estate category, the list was comprised of several other categories including Time Wasters, Staying Connected, and Web Search & Services. If you were wondering, TIME chose to put myspace in the Staying Connected category rather than Time Wasters. Since I am someone that has wasted hours of my time on MySpace, I think it could be included in either category.
There are many cool and interesting sites on the list and we thought we’d share some personal favorites from the Zillow Team.
- My personal favorite on the list is Meebo because I am sick and tired of using three different instant message clients on a daily basis to communicate with all the people I regularly exchange messages with. For those of you tired of the hassle of using AIM, Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, and MSN Messenger at the same time, Meebo is worth a look.
- David loves Youtube and says, "I can see myself throwing my television away."
- Amy and Amanda are fans of online boutique Shop Intuition. Says Amanda, “It’s nice to be able to browse trends and then immediately make a purchase. Much easier than running all over town trying to hunt down something you saw in a magazine.”
- Spencer is a fan of Pandora because it helps "to discover new music quickly – you tell them what you like, and they cycle through songs that might be a good fit. It’s like speed-dating for music."
- Diane says she can’t stop saying "a-a-a-a-w-w-w" every time she visits Cute Overload and wants plug one of Seattle’s newest startups, RealSelf for tips and tricks on staying young and energized.
What are your personal favorites from the list (and why)?