Today, Zillow is announcing results for the first quarter of 2013. It was a breakout quarter for us, with record traffic and revenue. We also welcomed a record number of new Premier Agents to Zillow. You can read the full press release here. Here are some highlights:
- Record Revenue of $39 million, up 71% over first quarter 2012.
- Record Marketplace Revenue of $31 million, up 87% over first quarter 2012.
- Record quarterly and all-time traffic, with a record 52 million monthly unique users on mobile and Web in April 2013 (up 63% year-over-year), following 50 million monthly unique users in March 2013 (up 55% year-over-year).
- Premier Agent count grew 83% year-over-year, adding a record 4,557 quarterly subscribers for a total of 34,030.
- Raised full-year revenue outlook range to $178 million – $182 million.
Additionally, mobile continues to be a highlight for Zillow, with more than 241 million homes viewed on Zillow via a mobile device in April. That’s 93 homes per second, every single day. Over half — 55% — of visits to Zillow now come from a mobile device, and that soars to over 60% on weekends.
We also launched our home improvement marketplace, Zillow Digs, in the first quarter. We’ve seen terrific uptake in engagement, with more than 76,000 photos added by users, as well as 80,000 boards created, in just the first few months.
Please join Zillow CEO Spencer Rascoff and CFO Chad Cohen for our first quarter conference call today at 2 p.m. PDT/5 p.m. EDT. A link to the webcast is located in the Investor Relations section of the Zillow website, and a replay also will be available after the call. In addition to taking questions from those dialed in to the call, we will be considering questions from Twitter, using the hashtag #ZEarnings, and on our Facebook page.
Thank you to all of our employees, partners and users for your contributions to a terrific quarter. We’re very excited about our prospects and our long-term opportunity to create a massive, enduring brand in online real estate.