Zillow® employees have selected 10 community-based organizations to receive a total of $100,000 from Zillow to help support their fair housing and housing security efforts, underscoring Zillow’s commitment to removing barriers to housing. This community grant campaign ran throughout National Fair Housing Month this past April.
“Zillow’s employees are always working to find ways to help more people find home,” said Aldona Clottey, vice president of corporate responsibility at Zillow. “We are proud that our employees are supporting nonprofits working to knock down barriers and open doors to housing in their communities.”
Zillow employees selected 10 organizations dedicated to ending homelessness or expanding access to fair, equitable and affordable housing across the country. Each of the organizations — listed below — will be awarded $10,000:
- Africatown Community Land Trust acquires and develops land to preserve the Black diaspora community in the Seattle area.
- The Ali Forney Center is a New York City–based organization that provides stability and support for LGBTQ+ homeless youths.
- La Casa Norte serves youths and families experiencing homelessness in Chicago.
- Enterprise Community Partners is a national organization based in Baltimore that works to create resilience and upward mobility.
- Families Moving Forward helps families experiencing the crisis of homelessness find their way home in Durham, North Carolina.
- Mary’s Place is a Seattle-based nonprofit that works to ensure that no child sleeps outside.
- The National Low Income Housing Coalition is dedicated to achieving racially and socially equitable public policy.
- National Housing Law Project advances housing justice for poor people and communities.
- Openhouse is a San Francisco organization that enables LGBTQ+ seniors to overcome challenges they face as they age.
- Parity is a Baltimore-based organization that rehabilitates abandoned properties, creating opportunities for affordable homeownership.
Additionally, our government and community relations team works closely with fair housing groups to advance policies that help create a more equitable housing market all year round. Zillow provides financial assistance and support to these organizations:
- National Fair Housing Alliance
- Chicago Area Fair Housing Alliance
- Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana
- Fair Housing Center of Southwest Michigan
- Fair Housing Center of West Michigan
- HOPE Fair Housing Center
- Housing Opportunities Made Equal – Cincinnati
- Fair Share Housing Center – New Jersey
Zillow works to improve housing security and economic opportunity for underserved communities across our products and platform. This work includes partnerships with Housing Connector, and product features such as displaying down payment assistance programs for prospective home buyers and including fair housing resources and local legal protections on home listings.
To learn more about Zillow’s fair housing research, visit our economic research hub, which shines a light on housing disparities and solutions to help all consumers better navigate the housing market.