As the country prepares for the upcoming elections, Zillow has done its part, inviting local politicians to speak at Zillow’s headquarters in Seattle.
Like McKenna, Inslee discussed the issues he believes are the most pressing in the upcoming campaign, as well as his goals for Washington state.
Inslee’s No. 1 focus was the economy. Like the rest of the country, Washington has struggled in the recession, and Inslee addressed those problems, describing a job creation plan.
Part of his plan is to enable Washington residents to do what he said they do best.
“We invent, we create, we build; this is the secret sauce,” Inslee said. “I’ve lived it and believed it and believe Washington can lead.”
A former congressman, Inslee spoke of his focus on clean energy as a job creator and a way to grow the state.
He also answered questions from employees. See his answers and more of his talk in the video.
Previous Zillow Speaker Series guests include:
- Gabe Zichermann, author and consultant
- Rob McKenna, Washington state attorney general
- Ronnie Chan, chairman of Hang Lung Properties Limited
- Hadi Partovi, angel investor, startup investor
- GrubHub co-founders Mike Evans and Matt Maloney
- Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn
- Adam Goldstein of Hipmunk
- Adam Lashinsky, author of “Inside Apple”
- Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA)
- John Cook of GeekWire
- FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski
- Gordon Stephenson of Real Property Associates
- Bill Gurley of Benchmark Capital
- Richard Tait of Cranium
- Adrian Hanauer of Sounders FC
- Steve Souders of Google